When is is time for end-stage ALS Disease hospice care?
Answering these questions may serve as a guide:
- Are your (or your loved one’s) medications no longer effective in managing symptoms?
- Have you (or your loved one) become wheelchair or bed-bound?
- Has your (or your loved one’s) speech become barely intelligible, unintelligible or impossible?
- Do you (or your loved one) require major assistance with eating, dressing and grooming or are you (or he or she) totally dependent on others for these activities?
- Are you (or your loved one) ready to seek “aggressive comfort care” instead of aggressive treatment?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, now may be an appropriate time to discuss Longleaf Hospice with your physician or one of our clinical professionals. Feel free to call us directly at 770-939-9179.