When is is time for end-stage Heart Disease hospice care?
Answering these questions may serve as a guide:
- Are your (or your loved one’s) medications no longer effective in managing symptoms?
- Do you (or your loved one) have significant symptoms even while resting?
- Do you (or your loved one) sometimes experience disabling shortness of breath while resting, resulting in decreased ability to do the things you (or he or she) want and need to do?
- Do you (or your loved one) have other health issues such as renal insufficiency or pulmonary (lung) disease?
- Has your physician told you (or your loved one) that a left ventricular assist device (LVAD) or transplant is NOT an option?
- Are you (or your loved one) ready to seek “aggressive comfort care” instead of aggressive treatment?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, now may be an appropriate time to discuss Longleaf Hospice with your physician or one of our clinical professionals. Feel free to call us directly at 770-939-9179.