When is is time for end-stage Liver Disease hospice care?
Answering these questions may serve as a guide:
- Are your (or your loved one’s) medications no longer effective in managing symptoms?
- Have you (or your loved one) experienced sudden or progressive loss of functional independence?
- Do you (or your loved one) sometimes experience disabling shortness of breath while resting, resulting in decreased ability to do the things you (or he or she) want and need to do?
- Are you (or your loved one) experiencing issues such as abdominal distention or bowel dysfunction?
- Are you (or your loved one) experiencing altered mood or behavior?
- Are you (or your loved one) ready to seek “aggressive comfort care” instead of aggressive treatment?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, now may be an appropriate time to discuss Longleaf Hospice with your physician or one of our clinical professionals. Feel free to call us directly at 770-939-9179.