Longleaf Hospice carefully screens, equips and supervises a special group of volunteers to assist each patient and their family in a way that best suits their needs.
- Our volunteers offer companionship visits for patients. This can include reading, conversing, writing letters, friendship or just sitting quietly together.
- Our volunteers offer respite support for primary caregivers. This may enable caregivers to run errands, make appointments, attend church, etc.
- Our volunteers run errands – library, post office, pharmacy, etc.
- Our volunteers offer assistance with preparation of a life review by helping the patient record their story by video, journal or scrapbook.
- Our volunteers offer assistance with light housekeeping, gardening, pet walking, etc.
- Our volunteers are available for regular scheduled visits or for one time visits with advanced notice.