Palliative care is provided by specialized doctors and certified registered nurse practitioners (CRNPs). It also includes others such as social workers and chaplains working with the patient’s doctors to provide an extra layer of support.
Your Longleaf team provides:
- Time to devote to family meetings and patient/family counseling
- Skilled communication about what to expect in the future to ensure care is matched to the goals of the patient and family
- Expert management of physical and emotional symptoms, including pain, depression, anxiety, fatigue, shortness of breath, constipation, nausea, loss of appetite, and difficulty sleeping.
- Coordination and communication of care plans among all providers and across all settings
- Personalized approach to advanced illness management