When is is time for end-stage Stroke & Coma hospice care?
Answering these questions may serve as a guide:
- Do you (or a loved one) feel that improvement is unlikely?
- Have you (or a loved one) become wheelchair or bed-bound?
- Do you (or a loved one) wish to discontinue the use of a feeding tube or breathing machine?
- Has your (or your loved one’s) speech become barely intelligible, unintelligible or impossible?
- Do you (or your loved one) require major assistance with eating, dressing and grooming or are you (or he or she) totally dependent on others for these activities?
- Are you (or your loved one) ready to seek “aggressive comfort care” instead of aggressive treatment?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, now may be an appropriate time to discuss Longleaf with your physician or one of our clinical professionals. Feel free to call us directly at 770-939-9179.