Volunteers are a crucial element to the Longleaf Hospice team, bringing an extra layer of care and support to our patients and their loved ones.
We are actively seeking compassionate, caring and dedicated volunteers to offer:
DIRECT patient and family support
- Visiting, talking, reading, playing music and games with patient
- Visiting in homes or in ones of the Assisted Living Facilities (your choice)
- Providing respite for family members by sitting with the patient, running errands, assisting with shopping, helping with light housework and delivering meals from Longleaf Hearts for Hospice Meal Program
INDIRECT patient and family support
- Administrative work in hospice office such as answering the telephone, filing and preparing mailings
- Providing bereavement support, community outreach, phone calls and education
- Assisting with arts and crafts projects when available such as memory books
As you can see, there are many ways in which volunteers lend their time and effort to our organization. Volunteers can choose which part of our geographical area they would like to concentrate on and are offered flexible choices in scheduling and the amount of time they wish to volunteer.
Note: Volunteers are not expected to assist with personal care (bathing, toileting, dressing, administering medications, etc.).
To be part of the Longleaf Hospice volunteer team, please fill out the following and submit the following form. Please note that this application must be submitted in its entirety and may not be save for future completion.
For additional information or questions, please contact Shakila Henderson-Baker, Director of Volunteer Services at 770-939-9179.
Download Reference Verification Form